The post holder will coordinate and deliver the engagement work of a 3 year outreach prevention and cancer programme aimed at improving health outcomes and patient experience. This will be achieved through increasing access to prevention screening and specialised / local services, including a personalised plan of care for those living with cancer, in turn reducing health inequalities.
The programme will target underserved communities, including those living in areas of deprivation, rural areas, those impacted by health inequalities and other vulnerable groups. This will support H&W ICS to deliver the NHS Long Term Plan and aim to significantly increase the number of cancer Holistic Needs Assessments (HNAs) and care plans completed, in underserved communities.
The key elements of the role are:
- Coordinate and deliver the engagement work required for this programme with both key stakeholders and local communities.
- Produce a stakeholder mapping to understand who key partners and communities are for this programme of work.
- Build integral relationships with communities and stakeholders such as, but not limited to Voluntary and Community Sector, Primary and Secondary Care, Public Health, the ICB and local businesses / workplaces to establish what already exists and ensure future services complement and do not duplicate.
- Utilise a variety of engagement and communication methods best suited to communities and stakeholders to learn and better understand the impact of inequalities and rurality on cancer outcomes and patients experiences of living with cancer.
- Use engagement techniques such as focus groups, interviews and surveys and observation to develop rich insight that can be translated into service design recommendations to minimise those impacts.
- Develop the future engagement plans for Year 2 and Year 3 which will be based on the outputs of Year 1. It is important Years 2 and 3 continue to use engagement to further define the support services and identify if this is meeting people’s needs and expectations through qualitative monitoring.
Full job description here – Job vacancy: MacMillan Community Engagement Officer, NHS Herefordshire & Worcestershire Integrated Care Board