Opportunity to contribute to Understanding and Strengthening the VCSE, a research and evaluation project led by the Worcestershire VCSE Alliance and funded by Worcestershire County Council.
The Worcestershire VCSE Alliance is developing a research and evaluation project called
Understanding and Strengthening the VCSE, funded by Worcestershire County Council.
The aim of this project is to build on existing information and intelligence to produce a more in-depth picture of the VCSE Sector and the issues organisations are facing. We also want to better
understand gaps in services and the impact these gaps are having on the citizens of Worcestershire.
This information will be used to develop a VCSE strategy with delivery plans to strengthen the
Sector as a whole. We have formed a multi-agency Steering Group to direct this work.
The Steering Group has a maximum budget of £10,000 (plus VAT) to fund this activity and which needs to complete by the end of September 2023. The successful organisation/individual will need to include a breakdown of their costs.
Expression of Interest
The Steering Group are looking for Expressions of Interest from a VCSE sector organisation or
individual who works/has worked within the sector who has a good understanding of the VCSE
sector in Worcestershire.
This specific work forms the first phase of this project and focusses on scoping and building the
foundation of the project. The responsibility for this organisation/individual will be to:
- Work with the multi organisational project steering group and VCSE Strategic Lead who
- Carry out desk research and attend a range of meetings to collate as much existing VCSE
data as possible including mapping and research from across all districts
- Produce a summary report of existing VCSE service data and work with the steering group
to analyse this information.
- Work collaboratively to identify existing data gaps in VCSE service provision
- Support the steering group develop the next phase of the project
If you or your organisation are interested in this opportunity, please submit an Expression of Interest to Esther Passingham email@example.com by 5pm on 22nd May 2023 outlining the following:
- VCSE knowledge and experience in relation to Worcestershire
- Skills, knowledge and experience in research, mapping or intelligence gathering
- Evidence of strong report writing and action planning skills
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to analyse complex information
For any further detail or to discuss the project, please don’t hesitate to contact Esther at the above email.